What Is Christmas Tree Syndrome?

Christmas Tree Syndrome refers to respiratory issues triggered by mold spores and allergens commonly found on live Christmas trees. 

Symptoms may include coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and nasal congestion 

Mold growth can flourish in the moist environment of a tree, releasing spores that, when inhaled, can exacerbate respiratory conditions.  

People with allergies or asthma may be particularly susceptible. 

To minimize the risk, thoroughly shake the tree before bringing it indoors, use an air purifier, and keep the tree well-hydrated to limit mold growth.  

If symptoms persist, consider artificial trees as an alternative. 

Awareness and proactive measures can help mitigate the impact of Christmas Tree Syndrome on respiratory health. 

If symptoms persist, seeking medical advice is recommended. 

DID YOU KNOW? 8 Tips For Handling Holiday Stress